RNA-Seq: Less Lumping, More Splitting
Single-Cell RNA-Seq Detects Subtle Differences between Cellular Subtypes, Demands Specialized Methods of Data Analysis
Literature Review: Virus Neatly Organizing Its Own Nucleus
Phage Infection and Replication in a Bacterial Host
Researchers Seek Ways to Minimize Off-Target Effects
Literature Review: Dials for Cas9
Methods to Control Cas9-Based Technologies Across Numerous Dimensions Is Still Lacking
The Sounds of Science podcast is brought to you by GEN. Listen as members of the editorial team—Editor-in-Chief John Sterling, Technical Editor Jeff Buguliskis, and Senior News Editor Alex Philippidis—showcase innovative research, new initiatives, and important policy by interviewing thought-leaders, eminent life-science researchers, and company leaders. These short, but informative podcasts will keep you up-to-date with the latest and most important life science advances.
- Interview with Peter Dedon, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Toxicology and Biological Engineering, Associate Head-Department of Biological Engineering, Deputy Director-Center for Environmental, Health Sciences at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Interview with Michael Rose, Ph.D., Professor in Biological Sciences, University of California-Irvine, and Director of the Network for Experimental Research on Evolution, a University of California Multicampus Research Program
- Interview with Keith Garrison, Ph.D., post-doctoral fellow in UCSF's Division of Experimental Medicine
- interview with L. James Lee, Ph.D., Helen C. Kurtz Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Ohio State University
- Interview with William Balch, Ph.D., and Evan Powers, Ph.D., from The Scripps Research Institute.
- interview with Margy S. Lambert, Ph.D., Associate Biosafety Officer, Office of Biological Safety, Environment, Health and Safety Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Interview with Robert J. Levy, M.D., William J. Rashkind Chair of Pediatric Cardiology, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Interview with Dr. Jeffrey Holt, associate professor in the Department of Neuroscience at the University of Virginia.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Dr. Peter Navarro from the Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine, about the pitfalls of doing biotech R&D and manufacturing in China.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling talks to Michael Snyder, Ph.D., Cullman Professor of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, at Yale University.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Stephen Becker, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Koronis Pharmaceuticals
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Michael Meagher, Ph.D., Donald F. and Mildred T. Othmer Distinguished Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, and Director, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Biological Process Development Facility
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Dr. Lennart Mucke from the Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Bob More, Domain Associates, Ted Schroeder, Cadence Pharmaceuticals, and Steve Kelly, Innovive Pharmaceuticals
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Alan Crane, CEO, Tempo Pharmaceuticals
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Kenneth Carter, Ph.D., President and CEO, Avalon Pharmaceuticals
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling talks to Markus Grompe, M.D., professor of molecular and medical genetics, and pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Robert Bohrer, J.D., LL.M, Professor of Law at California Western School of Law and Executive Editor of Biotechnology Law Report (Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., Publishers), on key biotechnology legal and regulatory issues.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Richard Canady, Ph.D., DABT, Senior Health Scientist, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, about the FDA’s Task Force Report on Nanotechnology
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief, John Sterling, interviews Dr. Robert Nagourney, Medical and Laboratory Director at Rational Therapeutics, about individualizing cancer therapies for patients.