RNA-Seq: Less Lumping, More Splitting
Single-Cell RNA-Seq Detects Subtle Differences between Cellular Subtypes, Demands Specialized Methods of Data Analysis
Literature Review: Virus Neatly Organizing Its Own Nucleus
Phage Infection and Replication in a Bacterial Host
Researchers Seek Ways to Minimize Off-Target Effects
Literature Review: Dials for Cas9
Methods to Control Cas9-Based Technologies Across Numerous Dimensions Is Still Lacking
The Sounds of Science podcast is brought to you by GEN. Listen as members of the editorial team—Editor-in-Chief John Sterling, Technical Editor Jeff Buguliskis, and Senior News Editor Alex Philippidis—showcase innovative research, new initiatives, and important policy by interviewing thought-leaders, eminent life-science researchers, and company leaders. These short, but informative podcasts will keep you up-to-date with the latest and most important life science advances.
- John Sterling, Editor-in-Chief of GEN, interviews Claude Gagne, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Life Sciences, New York Institute of Technology School of Health Professions, Behavioral, and Life Sciences
- GEN’s Editor-in-Chief, John Sterling, interviews Cheryl Marks, Ph.D., associate director of the division of cancer biology at the National Cancer Institute and program director of the Mouse Models of Human Cancers Consortium.
- GEN’s Editor-in-Chief John Sterling inteviews Jeffrey Janus, President, and Jeff Krstich, CEO, of International Stem Cell Corporation.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Michael Cascio, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief, John Sterling, interviews Jeffery Stevenson, Ph.D., ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, ARUP Laboratories
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Sukru Tuzmen , Ph.D., Investigator, Head of Molecular Genetics Laboratory , Pharmaceutical Genomics Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGEN)
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Linda Siracusa, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief interviews John C. Chaput, Ph.D., Principal Investigator, Center for Bio-Optical Nanotechnology, Biodesign Institute, Arizona State University.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Dr. David Ozonoff from the Boston University School of Public Health
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Dr. Amanda Paulovich from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews best selling author Robert Shook.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Glen Giovannetti, Global Biotechnology Leader, Ernst & Young
HOW SCIENTISTS CAN MAKE A SUCCESSFUL TRANSITION FROM THE ACADEMIC WORLD TO A CAREER IN THE BIOPHARMACEUTICAL BUSINESS
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling inteviews Dr. Gail Naughton, the Dean of the College of Business Administration at San Diego State University.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Felix Theeuwes, D.Sc., Chairman, Co-founder, and Chief Scientific Officer at DURECT Corporation.
GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews William Caldwell, CEO of Advanced Cell Technology.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Sharon Moalem, Ph.D., from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief Interviews Ian Wilmut, Ph.D., Director, Scottish Centre for Regenerative Medicine, University of Edinburgh, and Editor-in-Chief of Cloning & Stem Cells.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Richard Jorgensen, Ph.D., from the University of Arizona
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling talks with Charles T. Gombar, Ph.D. from Wyeth Research.
- GEN's Editor-in-Chief John Sterling interviews Lawrence Wangh, Ph.D., from Brandeis University